Saturday, December 31, 2011

People keep asking.....

People keep asking for me to blog - and so I shall.

An update on me and family.

I figured as we're facing the dawn on 2012, today would be a good day to get back in it.

The past year as been......busy! Who knew being self employed could be so damn confusing! In the early months of 2011, Josh and I, John and Maddie with grandpa Cleve, made a trek across the country to the east coast. We split once we hit Hartford CT. Cleve's garden show was (The Connecticut Flower and garden show) there. We made our way to Providence RI for the Rhode Island Flower and Garden Show. Let's just say 10 nights in hotels with 4 year old twins - wow.

We had 3 days to check out the area as a family before I had to get to work. We went to Natures Art in CT - we mined for Gems, pretty fun, the kids had a blast.

We spent a morning in Newport - the mansions are amazing! Side note - we'll be back in Newport in June for a garden show at Rosecliff. That afternoon we went to the Mystic aquarium. The twins made friends with Kebbi, a beluga whale. He stayed by the glass a good ten minutes while they sang to him. We ended the day at Steakloft in Mystic. Review wise, it was good-eats - but I don't get what all the fuss about the place is. That being said, I'm a food snob with an extensive palate. (at least I'm honest).

The show in Providence was interesting. The city was on the verge of bankruptcy - people weren't shopping. I did great in comparison to the vendors around me.

Highlight of the trip was dinner with a good friend :-) kind of rounded out a great week.

The summer was spent at Kalamazoo Farmers Market. Another good season.

August I Started Physical Therapy, September was a show in Ohio (family fun. October brought a cruise for Josh and I as well as the acquisition of Josh's company which turned out to be awesome. The holiday season was full of shows - it was a good year.

Looking ahead - I can't wait to see things grow - we're planning such a stellar year at the farm - you'll want to to stay tuned!

Cheers

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment